ielts speaking band 9

Solution for the common problems in developing speaking skills


I cannot speak at all. I have not studied in English medium and I can't understand what to speak because words come to my mind in my first language only.

SOLUTION😀

It is seen at times that candidates cannot speak at all in English at the beginning of their preparation for IELTS. If you become tongue-tied, you need some practice in speaking English. This can be done at home. you can take up any written or printed material in English and start reading it aloud (recite) for ten to fifteen minutes every day. This will help you in developing some familiarity with the language. 

PROBLEM😒

I can't speak fluently in English. I hesitate a lot when I speak.

SOLUTION😊

Fluency in speaking is an important tool to score high in IELTS. You can improve your fluency in English by 

practicing more speaking. You can practice speaking with the questions from this blog.

However, I would like to emphasize one more important point about pauses in speaking. There are two types of pauses in spoken English one negative and the second positive, Positive pauses generally don't reduce

your band score but negative pauses can affect your band score. For example, you are speaking about an article you read in the newspaper, but you are unable to recall the name of the writer of the article. Here, if you take a pause for two or three seconds just to remember the name of the writer, this pause may not reduce your rating in fluency. However, if you take a pause to search for language, i.e.appropriate word for the situation, this is a negative pause and it will affect your fluency rating.


PROBLEM😐

My grammar is too weak. I think I should improve my grammar before I start practicing for IELTS speaking.

SOLUTION😀

Knowledge of grammar will certainly help you to score higher in speaking. Thus, it is a good idea to learn

grammar either by joining some grammar classes or by learning some youtube videos.

However, grammar is certainly not the only assessment tool for IELTS Speaking and hence, it is important for you to develop other areas as well. Remember, the IELTS speaking test checks your communicative ability. For this, you should start speaking practice even before you start learning grammar.

PROBLEM😑

I understand all questions in speaking but, at times, I can't speak on some topics because I don't know anything about them.

SOLUTION😀

Read a lot on various issues or current affairs like pollution, politics, religion, festival, education, lifestyle, children, social issues, marriages, traveling, tourism, and so on. such practice will give you multiple benefits like improvement in your knowledge about various issues, enhancement in vocabulary, and improvement in your reading comprehension skills.

However, it is not always possible 🙆 for you to give perfect answers to all the questions in IELTS  speaking. Here, I would like to tell you that there are no perfect answers to speaking. You are expected to state your opinions or belief about the topic. He or She will check the level of your spoken English four assessment criteria mentioned above.


      Tip of the day - Watch Netflix with subtitles and the English channel can improve your English level

                              Do it and you will see the results. 























































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DUOLINGO TEMPLATES WRITING & SPEAKING🎊

Duolingo 130 points Guide 🎯